Phew, Coronavirus Wedding impacts, before we go anywhere into this, let’s take some deep breaths.
Your wedding is being postponed and you’re not even sure where to begin. I get it, and it’s totally overwhelming to replan. I PROMISE we’re about to make it so super easy to do so.
Coronavirus Wedding Impacts: 5 Easy Steps to Postponing Your Wedding
(1) Ask your venue for their availability for 2020 and 2021. Pick 3-5 dates after July that work for you. Try to pick a variety of dates and avoid Saturdays in August, September, and October.
(2) Put these dates into a Doodle Poll. Let me know if you need help with this, and I’ll even set you up with a Doodle Poll FOR you and you’ll receive the dates the results.
(3) Send out the Doodle poll to your current vendors. You can do it in one email, CC all the vendors.
I have an email template below:
Dear [[xyz Vendors]]
Unfortunately, we have to postpone our wedding and are looking to get it figured out with our original team. You are all our dream team and we don’t want to swap out for other vendors. To try to work this out we would love for you all to fill out the Doodle Poll [[link here]] for you to let us know what dates you are available.
We hope you’re staying safe and we cannot wait to hear from you,
(4) Talk with your vendors to figure out solutions. If not all are available on the same date, try to pick a date where most from your team IS available. From there, ask who they know who could work under them on your wedding day (like an associate photographer) or who they would recommend to transfer the contract to.
(5) Contact your guests and update them. Having a Facebook group for all of your wedding guests right now could be *really* helpful. IF NEEDED you can also provide a Facebook Live “Livestream” of the wedding itself if you have to through the group. From here, contact your stationary folks and get new stationery products completed with updated information.
So if you’re facing any coronavirus wedding impacts, I’m hoping you’re feeling a little more ease. You got this! At the end of the day, you’re getting married and you and your love are truly all that matters. Worse case, there’s always a vow renewal! Need more support and are looking for help from like a live person? I’ve made time in my schedule to help those impacted. Click here to schedule a free consult.
If you’re having to start from scratch with your wedding day snag this blog post about how to plan your wedding in two weeks.